TERMS & CONDITIONS
Sawmill Structures Photo Challenge ("Contest") is organized by Sawmill Structures (Com 3 Inc) and is governed by these terms and conditions and any subsequent accompanying Contest details (if any) as provided by the Organizer (collectively referred to as the “Terms”).
Staff or persons authorized by the Organizer are known as Admin.
By participating in this Contest, Participants acknowledge and agree that he/she has read and understood fully and agreed to be bound by the Terms & Conditions.
The Terms & Conditions may be updated at the sole discretion of the Organizer, and Organizer’s decision is final and binding. Organizer reserves the rights to disqualify any submission by any Participant at its sole discretion. No correspondence from the Participants will be entertained in this regard.
Duration of Contest
This Contest will start from April 17th2020at 1:30 p.m. to and closes on May 19th2020 11:59 p.m. (“Contest Period”). The Organizer reserves the right to revise the Contest Period at any time without prior notification. All entries received outside the Contest Period will be disqualified.
1. This contest is open to all ONTARIO residents of 18 years old and above.
3. The following group of persons shall not be eligible to participate in this Contest:
a. Employees of the Organizer [including its affiliated and related companies] and their immediate family members [children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses]; and/or
b. Representatives, employees, servants, Admins and/or agents of advertising and/or promotion service providers of the Organizer [including its affiliated and related companies], and their immediate family members [children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses].
1. Participants will need the following to participate in the Giveaway:
a. To own a Facebook account to submit their entry.
b. To have ‘Liked’ Sawmill Structures Facebook Page.
c. To have ‘Liked’ the Contest post.
d. To have submitted a happy themed photo to the challenge post comments section.
e. To have shared the photo challenge post on their time line.
How to Participate
1. Participants are to take a creative photo of an activity or moment that gives the feeling of when they are happy. Participants are to submit their original creative photo in the comment section of the Contest post on Sawmill Structures Facebook Page, Like the Contest post, Share the post and ‘Tag’ any amount of friends in the same comment.
3. Submissions received on posts other than the Contest post will be disqualified and ineligible for consideration for rewards.
4. Submissions received before the commencement of the Giveaway period and after the close of the Giveaway period will be disqualified and ineligible for consideration for rewards.
Selection of entries
1. 3 winners will be randomly selected by the Organizer after the Contest period.
2. The winner will be published on Sawmill Structures Facebook page on May 20th 2020
3. The Organizer’s decision is final and binding and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
4. The winner will be given their choice of the following Sawmill Structures bunkie models:
5. Winners would need to submit their personal details (Full Name, Contact Number, Email Address and Mailing Address) through PM by May 28th 2020
1. The prize will be sent by courier/post at the address shared by the winners located in Ontario, Canada
2. The Organizer reserves the right to substitute any one of the prize(s) with items of equivalent value at any time without prior notice. All prizes are not transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash.
3. The Organizer will not be held liable in the event of non-receipt or delayed delivery of the notification to the winner(s). All costs incidental to the redemption of the prizes shall be solely borne by the winners.
4. All prizes are given on an "As Is" basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, and other items or voucher in part or in full.
5. Participation in this Contest and acceptance of the prizes constitutes an irrevocable permission for the Organizer to use the winners’ names and photographs for purposes of publicity and advertisement without any compensation or need for prior notification to the winners.
6. The Organizer shall, under no circumstances be responsible and/or liable if any of the winners cannot be contacted. The Organizer further reserves the full right to disqualify any winner if any reasonable attempt to contact them via any medium deemed appropriate by the Organizer has failed for any reason whatsoever.
Rights of the Organizer
1. By submitting an entry on the application, Participants will be bound by these Terms and acknowledge that all rights to the Artworks are released for general viewing and use by Organizers, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents.
2. The Organizer is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of the Website, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or Website.
3. All entries submitted become the property of the Organizer. Entries will not be returned to any Participant. As a condition of entering into this Contest, each Participant licenses to the Organizer to use their Entry/Artwork in any form or manner or media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotion, marketing or publicity purposes without any liability for payment of any consideration or otherwise for all times to come.
4. By submitting an Entry in the Contest, the Participant, unless the Organizer advises otherwise, license and grant the Organizer, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Entry along with the photo for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
5. The Participant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to the use of the Entry.
6. Organizer and their promotional agents reserve the right to remove/amend elements it deems indecent or not in line with the concept and spirit of this Contest without notice or explanation. It is at the sole discretion of Organizer what it considers inappropriate and unsuited for general public viewing.
7. The Organizer shall reserve the right to publish, use the names and/or photographs and/or videos of the winners as materials for the purposes of advertising and/or trade publicity, without any prior notice to the winners and the winners shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation on the materials.
8. The Organizer reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel this Contest in the event that it becomes not capable of running as planned, technically interfered or corrupted, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer, despite the best efforts of the Organizer.
9. The Organizer holds the right to change/amend the rules and regulation of this contest without any prior notice to the Participants.
10. The Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant that is found or suspected of tampering with the Contest submission process, the operation of this Contest or to be in violation of the Conditions of Access of the Website. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person who it reasonably suspects has violated or infringed any of these Terms and the Organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Contest, the Contest submission process and/or the Website.
11. The Organizer shall not be liable for any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind (including without limitation loss of damage to property or any personal injury or loss of life, loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the Contest, and/or the prizes, even if the Organizer has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance; whether or not due to and /or arising from : a. any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Organizer including those due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or any event beyond the reasonable control of Organizer ; b. any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; and c. any claims by third party for infringement of intellectual property rights. Include that participation is free, however producing materials for submission will not be borne by Organizer.
12. All Participants and the participating universities and colleges shall indemnify and hold the Organizer including its directors, employees, affiliates, agencies, service providers and relevant business partners, harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, fines, losses and/or expenses however arising incurred or sustained by the Organizer as follows: a. in respect of any alleged or actual infringement of any intellectual property rights, copyright, trace and/or service mark, design rights of any third party with regard to the design submitted or any submission made in connection or arising out of this Contest; b. any loss and/or damage sustained and/or for which the Organizer may be liable as a result of breach of the terms and conditions herein;
1. All rights, titles and interests including any intellectual property rights (“IPR”) arising out of or made or created in relation to the Contest (including all designs submitted for the Contest) shall be owned by the Organizer
2. All disputes relating to this promotion shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts at Kuala Lumpur only.
Data Protection and Privacy Protection Notice
1. Participants’ personal data including name, contact details and email address provided to participate in this Contest herein including any publicly available information available on social networking websites will be recorded, stored or otherwise processed by the Organizer for purposes relating to the administration of the Contest and for related advertising, publicity, marketing and communication relating to the Organizer (“Purpose”). Please be informed that the personal data may be disclosed to the Organizer’s affiliates, service providers and relevant business partners (if any) for the Purpose and as permitted by applicable data privacy laws. Please note that it will be necessary for the Organizer to process the participating colleges and universities personal data for the Purpose, without which, the participating colleges and universities will not be able to participate in this Contest.
2. By participating, each Participant and/or where relevant the participating university/college has read, understand, agrees and consents to such details including without limitation personal data/information and all designs or ideas submitted for the Contest being collected, processed and used by the Organizer for:
a. The Purpose stated herein;
b. Marketing and Contest activities conducted in such manner as the Organizer sees fit worldwide in any media including without limitation the Internet, without further express consent from, and payment or consideration to the relevant Participant. Marketing and Contest activities includes without limitation the use and/or publication of any details provided in and/or in connection to the entries. In this regard, each Participant agrees to co-operate and participate without further express consent and/or payment or consideration, in all reasonable advertising and publicity activities of the Organizer relating to the Contest;
c. Other Contest, marketing and publicity notification/information including future Contest, marketing and publicity notification/information from the Organizer from time to time;
d. The Organizer has the rights to use ideas submitted for the Contest;
e. None of the submitted designs can be presented to any other organizations for any purpose.;
3. In addition, where any of the data/information especially personal data (including all designs submitted for the Contest) relating to the Participant and/or third parties (where applicable) are submitted to the Organizer and/or by any entrant in connection to this Contest, each Participant:
a. Warrants that they are in possession of all necessary consents and shall continue to maintain such consents as may be required for the Organizer’s and/or usage and processing of such data/information;
b. Agrees that it shall be the said Participant’s responsibility to advise the Organizer in writing should there be any relevant change in the said data/information provided to the Organizer, which requires action on the part of the Organizer;
c. Warrants that pursuant to the foregoing paragraph hereto, they are in compliance with the relevant privacy laws and regulation including without limitation Personal Data Protection Act 2010.